No one has Ever Become Poor from Giving!
Phone: (021) 38798712 - 18
Cowasjee School of Midwifery
The opening of a new building for the school of midwifery has been dedicated in the memory of Dr. Nancy Ardeshir Cowasjee. It is through the generosity of the Cowasjee Foundation that this building was planned, constructed and presented to the hospital. The whole story began some years ago when members of the management committee and an internationally recognized midwife approached Mr. Ardeshir Cowasjee to provide all-new premises for the School of Midwifery. Mr. Cowasjee took up the challenge & surveyed its progress through regular visits.
The school is a continuation of the Phyllis Louise Lawrence Institute which was established in 1912 through a generous donation by Nadirshaw Eduljee Dinshaw, son of Mr. Eduljee Dinshaw - original donor of the Lady Dufferin Hospital.
In 1912 the Center Board of Midwiferies in UK recognized the institution for practical midwifery training & students from the Louise Lawrence Institute were permitted to appear for the CMB examination in London without further training in UK.
The School has maintained its standard ever since and continues to produce high quality midwives.
On behalf of the Management Committee we pray for the peace of Mr. Cowasjee's soul - a noble man, widely known and respected for having led a life of staunch conscience, principles and integrity